Digital signage is used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list. However, below are some of the most common applications of digital signage:
- Public information – news, weather and local information, such as fire exits, special offers, entertainment annonuncements etc.
- Internal information – corporate messages, health & safety, news, etc.
- Advertising – general advertising so surrounding businesses.
- Brand building – assists to promote and build a brand identity.
- Influencing customer behavior – directing customers to different areas, increasing the time spent by the customer on the premises.
- Enhancing customer experience – reduction of perceived wait time in restaurant waiting areas, bank queues, etc
- Enhancing the environment – more professional out look.